UC Browser is one of the best and safest browsers in the market today. It is used by millions of users across the world, mostly because of the ultimate features it offers. If you think that it is difficult to retrieve the browsing history from the UC Browser, then you are absolutely wrong. The private browsing history is pretty easy to retrieve from the UC Browser. During the private browsing sessions, the URLs of the websites that you have visited will be stored in a database file. If anyone who uses your system wants to access the private browsing history, they can do so easily without any restrictions.
This means that, though the browsing was done in private sessions, the browsing history will be available for anyone who can access your system. However, users after using the UC Browser can clear or delete the last visited URLs from the private history. To find and delete your private browsing history, you need to access a database file and view it with a SQLite browser. Other than being lodged in program folders, the WebpageIcons.db file will not be hidden or locked in any form or in any way. It takes just a minute to open. The process to clear the private browsing history is different in Mac and Windows. Users need to go through the steps we have mentioned below to clear the history.
How to clear private browsing history for Mac users of UC Browser?
To delete the private browsing history in Mac, users of UC Browser needs to follow the below steps.
- Open Finder.
- Click on ‘Go’ option in the menu.
- Hold the option key and click on ‘Library’ when it appears.
- Open the UC Browser folder.
- Inside the folder, find the ‘WebpageIcons.db’ file and drag it into your SQLite browser.
- Click the ‘Browser Data’ tab in the SQLite window.
- Select ‘PageURL’ from Table menu. It will display the list of visited URLs in the window. Select all the URLs and delete them.
How to Clear Private Browsing History For Windows Users of UC Browser?
Here are simple steps to remove private browsing history for UC Browser For PC Users in Windows.
- Click on Start and open Computer. Go to C drive.
- Find the click bar on the top of the window and input ‘WebpageIcons’ and note the pathway. For instance C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\AppleComputer\UC Browser.
- Open SQLite browser and click ‘Open Database’.
- Choose WebpageIcons.db file from there.
- Click on the ‘Browse Data’ tab in the SQLite window.
- Select ‘PageURL’ just like in MAC from the Table Menu. This opens a list of visited URLs in the window. Now select all the unwanted URLs from the list and delete them.
The elimination process of the private browsing history is quite simple. Just select ‘Clear History and Website Data’ or physically trash the WebpageIcons.db file. Users must be aware of the fact that UC Browser will create a new file for every visit. So, there is a need to clear the trash often.